1. Aimaretti G, Corneli G, Razzore P, et al. Usefulness of IGF-1 assay for the diagnosis of GH deficiency in adults. Journal of Endocrinology Investigation 1998 September; 21(8): 506-511.
2. Aloia JF, Zanzi I, Ellis K, et al. Effects of GH in osteoporosis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1976; 43:992-999.
3. al-Shoumer KA, et al. Effects of four years' treatment with biosynthetic human growth hormone (GH) on glucose homeostasis, insulin secretion, and lipid metabolism in GH-deficient adults. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 1998; 48:795-802.
4. Amato G, Carella C, Fazio S, et al. Body composition, bone metabolism, and heart structure and function in growth hormone (GH)-deficient adults before and after GH replacement therapy at low doses. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 1993; 77:1671-1676.
5. Apaydin H, Ertan S, Ozekmekci S. Broad bean (Vicia faba)--a natural source of L-dopa--prolongs "on" periods in patients with Parkinson's disease who have "on-off" fluctuations. Mov Disord 2000; 15(1): 164-6.
6. Argente J, Garcia-Segura LM, Pozo J, Chowen JA. Growth hormone-releasing peptides: clinical and basic aspects. Horm Res 1996; 46(4-5): 155-9.
7. Arvat E, Camanni F, Ghigo E. Age-related growth hormone-releasing activity of growth hormone secretagogues in humans. Acta Paediatr Suppl 1997 Nov; 423:92-6.
8. Arvat E, Giordano R, Gianotti L, Broglio F, Camanni F, Ghigo E. Neuroendocrinology of the human growth hormone-insulin-like growth factor I axis during ageing. Growth Horm IGF Res 1999; 9:111-115.
9. Bates AS, Evans AJ, Jones P, et al. Assessment of GH status in adults with GH deficiency using serum GH, serum IGF-1 and urinary GH excretion. Clinical Endocrinology 1995 April; 42(4): 425-430.
10. Bengtsson BA, Eden S, Lonn L, et al. Treatment of adults with growth hormone (GH) deficiency with recombinant human GH. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1993; 76:309-317.
11. Berelowitz M, Szabo M, Frohman LA, Firestone S, Chu L. Somatomedin C mediates growth hormone negative feedback by effects on both the hypothalamus and the pituitary. Science 1981; 212:1279-1281.
12. Beth-EI D. Rejuvenating effects of natural L-dopa content in Vicia Faba golden beans. Israel Journal of Anti-Ageing Research 1990; 4:9-11.
13. Binnerts A, Swart GR, Wilson JH, Hoogerbrugge N, Pols HA, Birkenhager JC, et al. The effect of growth hormone administration in growth hormone deficient adults on bone, protein, carbohydrate and lipid homeostasis, as well as on body composition. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 1992; 37:79-87.
14. Borst SE and Lowenthal DT: Role of IGF-1 in muscular atrophy of aging. Endocrine 7:61-63, 1997.
15. Bowers CY. GH releasing peptides--structure and kinetics. J Pediatr Endocrinol 1993 Jan-Mar; 6(1): 21-31.
16. Bowers CY. Growth hormone-releasing peptide (GHRP). Cell Mol Life Sci 1998; 54:1316-1329.
17. Bowers CY, Granda-Ayala R. GHRP-2, GHRH and SRIF interrelationships during chronic administration of GHRP-2 to humans. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 1996 Jun; 9 Suppl 3:261-70.
18. Bowers CY, Momany FA, Reynolds GA, Hong A. On the in vitro and in vivo activity of a new synthetic hexapeptide that acts on the pituitary to specifically release growth hormone. Endocrinology 1984 May; 114(5): 1537-45.
19. Bowers CY, Reynolds GA, Durham D, Barrera CM, Pezzoli SS, et al. 1990 Growth hormone (GH)-releasing peptide stimulates GH release in normal man and acts synergistically with GH-releasing hormone. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1990;70:975–982.
20. Brainum J. GH new compounds that can blast your growth hormone to new levels. Ironman Magazine 1998 June;22-25.
21. Brown GL, Nanney LB, Griffen J, et al. Enhancement of wound healing by topical treatment with epidermal growth factor. N Engl J Med 1989; 321(2):76-79.
22. Camanni F, Ghigo E, Arvat E. Growth hormone-releasing peptides and their analogs. Front Neuroendocrinol 1998 Jan;19(1):47-72.
23. Carlson HE, Miglietta JT, Roginsky MS, et al. Stimulation of pituitary hormone secretion by neurotransmitter amino acids in humans. Metabolism 1989;28:1179-82.
24. Carter-Su C, Schwartz J, Smit LS. Molecular mechanism of growth hormone action. Annu Rev Physiol 1996;58:187-207.
25. Cavagnini F, Invitti C, Pinto M, et al. Effect of acute and repeated administration of gamma aminobutryic acid (GABA) on growth hormone and prolactin secretion in man. Acta Endocrinologica 1980; 93:149-154.
26. Cenni A, et al. Pharmacological properties of a nootropic agent of endogenous origin: D-Pyroglutamic Acid. Journal of Drug Development 1988;1:157-62.
27. Cerami A, Vlassara H, Browlee M. Glucose and aging. Sci Am 1987;256:90-96.
28. Chapman IM, Bach MA, Cauter EV, et al. Oral administration of a growth hormone secretagogue (MK-0677) to older adults enhances pulsatile GH release and restores young adult IGF-I concentrations. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1996;81:4249-4257.
29. Cheng J, Wu TJ, Butler B, Cheng K. Growth hormone releasing peptides: a comparison of the growth hormone releasing activities of GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 in rat primary pituitary cells. Life Sci 1997;60(16):1385-92.
30. Colao A, Merola B, Ferone D, Lombardi G. Acromegaly. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1997;82:2777-2781.
31. Corpas E, et al. Human growth hormone and human aging. Endocr Rev 1993;14:20-39.
32. Cummons DR, Underwood LE. Nutritional regulation of IGF-I, and IGF binding proteins. Annu Rev Nutr 1991;11:393-412.
33. Cuneo RC, Salomon F, Wiles CM, et al. Growth hormone treatment in growth hormone deficient adults. II. Effects on exercise performance. Journal of Applied Physiology 1991;70:695-700.
34. Daughaday WH. Evolving concepts of GH and IGF-I regulation of skeletal growth. Endocrine 1994;2:767-769.
35. Deghenghi R, Boutignon F, Luono M, Grilli R, Guidi M, Locatelli V. Small peptides as potent releasers of growth hormone. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 1995;8:311–313.
36. Eichman JD, Robinson JR. Mechanistic studies on effervescence-induced permeability enhancement. Pharm Res 1998;15(6):925-930.
37. Ellakim A, Oh Y, Cooper DM. Effect of single wrist exercise on fibroblastic growth factor-, insulin-like growth factor, and growth hormone. Am J Physiol Integr Comp Physiol 2000 Aug; 279(2):R548-53.
38. Farina E, Piu P, Strinna L. Extraction of L-DOPA from Vicia faba L. and other plants of the leguminous genera. Boll Soc Ital Biol Sper 1974 Apr 30;50(8):508-11
39. Fleisher D, Niemiec SM, Oh CK, Hu Z, Ramachandran C, Weiner N. Topical delivery of growth hormone releasing peptide using liposomal systems: an in vitro study using hairless mouse skin. Life Sci 1995;57:1293.
40. Freundlich B, Bamalaski JS, Neilson E, Jimenes SA. Regulation of fibroblast proliferation and collagen synthesis by cytokines. Immunol Today 1986;7: 303-307.
41. Fried R, Merrell WC. The Arginine Solution, Warner Books, 1999.
42. Furlanetto RW. Insulin-like growth factor measurements in the evaluation of growth hormone secretion. Hormonal Research 1990;33 Suppl 4:25-30.
43. Gelato MC. Aging and immune function: a possible role for growth hormone. Hormonal Research 1996; 45(1-2): 46-9.
44. Gelato MC, Merriam GR. Growth hormone-releasing hormone. Annu Rev Physiol 1986;48:569-591.
45. Ghigo E, Arvat E, Camanni F. Orally active growth hormone secretagogues: state of the art and clinical perspectives. Ann Med 1998 Apr;30(2):159-68.
46. Ghigo E, Arvat E, Muccioli G, Camanni F. Growth hormone-releasing peptides. Eur J Endocrinol 1997 May;136(5):445-60.
47. Ghigo E, Arvat E, Rizzi G, Bellone J, Nicolosi M, Bofano GM et al. Arginine enhances the growth hormone-releasing activity of a synthetic hexapeptide (GHRP-6) in elderly but not in young subjects after oral administration. J Endocrinol Invest 1994; 17:157-162.
48. Ghigo E, Arvat E, Valente F. Arginine reinstates the somatotrope responsiveness to intermittent growth hormone-releasing hormone administration in normal adults. Neuroendocrinology 1991; 54:291-294.
49. Ghigo E, Ceda GP, Valcavi R, Goffi S, Zini M, Mucci M et al. Low doses of either intravenously or orally administered arginine are able to enhance growth hormone response to growth hormone releasing hormone in elderly subjects. J Endocrinol Invest 1994; 17:113-122.
50. Ghigo E, Goffi S, Nicolois M, Arvat E, Procopio M, Bellone J et al. Growth hormone (GH) responsiveness to combined administration of arginine and GH-releasing hormone does not vary with age in man. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1990; 71:1481-1485.
51. Goldman JK, Bressler R. Growth hormone stimulation of fatty utilization by adipose tissue. Endocrinology 1967;81:1306.
52. Gondo RG, Aguiar-Oliveira MH, Hayashida CY, Toledo SP, Abelin N et al. Growth hormone-releasing peptide-2 stimulates GH secretion in GH-deficient patients with mutated GH-releasing hormone receptor. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001 Jul;86(7):3279-83.
53. Gospodarowicz D, Cheng J, Lui GM, Baird A, Esch F, Bohlen P. Angiogenic factor is related to fibroblast growth factor. Endocrinology 1985;117: 2383-2391.
54. Gospodarowicz D, Ferrara N, Schweigerer L, Neufeld G. Structural characterization and biological function of fibroblast growth factor. Endocrinol Rev 1987;8: 95-114.
55. Grinnell F, Lamke CR. Reorganization of hydrated collagen lattices by human skin fibroblasts. J Cell Sci 1984;66: 31.
56. Grioli S, et al. Pyroglutamic acid improves the age associated memory impairment. Fundamental and Clinical Pharmacology 1990;4:169-73.
57. Hall K, Sara VR. Somatomedin levels in childhood, adolescence and adult life. J Endocrinol Metab 1984;13:91-112.
58. Haltiwanger, S. Winning in the New World: With help from the power of anti-aging peptides and hormones. 2002; 1-9:10-66.
59. Hartman ML, Farello G, Pezzoli SS, Thorner MO. Oral administration of growth hormone (GH)-releasing peptide stimulates GH secretion in normal men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1992;74:1378–1384.
60. Hashizume T, Tanabe Y, Ohtsuki K, Mori A, Matsumoto N, Hara S. Plasma growth hormone (GH) responses after administration of the peptidergic GH secretagogue KP102 into the oral cavity, rumen, abomasum and duodenum in adult goats. Domest Anim Endocrinol 2001 Jan;20(1):37-46.
61. Hendrix DK, Klien TE, Kuntz ID. Macromolecular docking of a three-body system: the recognition of human growth hormone by its receptor. Protein Science 1999 May; 8(5): 1010-1022.
62. Ho KK. Metabolic actions of growth hormone in man. Endocr J 1996;43(suppl):S57-S63.
63. Ho KY, Evans WS, Blizzard RM, et al. Effects of sex and age on the 24 hour profile of growth hormone secretion in man: importance of endogenous estradiol concentrations. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1987;64:51-58.
64. Holmes SJ, Economou G, Whitehouse RW, Adams JE, Shalet SM. Reduced bone mineral density in patients with adult onset growth hormone deficiency. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1994;78:669-74.
65. Howard AD, Feighner SD, Cully DF, Arena JP, Liberator PA, et al. A receptor in pituitary and hypothalamus that functions in growth hormone release. Science 1996;273:974-977.
66. Hull KL, Harvey S. Growth hormone resistance: clinical states and animal models. J Endocrinol 1999;163:165-172.
67. Iranmanesh A, Lizarralde G, Veldhuis JD. Age and relative adiposity are specific negative determinants of the frequency and amplitude of GH secretory bursts and the half-life of endogenous GH in healthy men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1991;73:1081-1088.
68. Isidori A, Lo Monaco A, Cappa M. A study of growth hormone release in man after oral administration of amino acids. Current Medical Research Opinion 1981;7:75-81.
69. Iwasaki K, Mano K, Ishihara M, et al. Effects of ornithine or arginine administration on serum amino acid levels. Biochemistry International 1987;14:971-6.
70. Johnston DG, Bengtsson BA. Workshop report: the effects of growth hormone and growth hormone deficiency on lipids and the cardiovascular system. Acta Endocrinologica 1993;128 (Suppl 2):69-70.
71. Jorgenson PH, Andreassen TT, Jorgensen KD. Growth hormone influences collagen deposition and mechanical strength of intact rat skin: a dose response study. Acta Endocrinol 1989; 120:767-772.
72. Kasi K, et al. Stimulatory effect of glycine on human growth hormone secretion. Metabolism 1978 Feb;27(2):201-08.
73. Kempster PA, Walquist ML. Dietary factors in the management of Parkinson’s disease. Nutr Rev 1994;52:51-59.
74. Kreider RB. Dietary supplements and the promotion of muscle growth with resistance training Sports Medicine 1999;27:97-110.
75. Labram EK, Wilkin TJ. Growth hormone deficiency in adults and its response to GH replacement. QJM 1995;88:391-399.
76. Lanzi R, et al. Elevated insulin levels contribute to the reduced growth hormone (GH) response to GH-releasing hormone in obese subjects. Metabolism: Clinical & Experimental 1999; 48(9):1152-6.
77. Lanzi R, Tannenbaum GS. Time course and mechanism of growth hormone's negative feedback effect on its own spontaneous release. Endocrinology 1992; 130:780-788.
78. Laron Z. Growth hormone secretagogues: clinical experience and therapeutic potential. Drugs 1995;4:595–601.
79. Lieberman SA, Hoffman AR. Growth hormone deficiency in adults: Characteristics and response to GH replacement. J Pediatr 1996;128:S58-S60.
80. Lynch JB. (1989) Enhancement of wound healing by topical treatment with epidermal growth factor. N EngI J Med 1989;321:76.
81. Maas HCM, de Vries WR, Maitimu I, Bol E, Bowers CY, Koppeschaar HP. Growth hormone responses during strenuous exercise: the role of GH-releasing hormone and GH-releasing peptide-2. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2000 Jul;32(7):1226-32.
82. Marcus R, Hoffman AR. Growth hormone as therapy for older men and women. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 1998;38:45-61.
83. Matsunaga SGN, Hidaka S, Hidari H. Characterization of growth hormone secretion responsiveness to growth hormone-releasing peptide-2 (GHRP-2 or KP102) in calves. Endocrine J 1996;43:291-298.
84. McGauley GA, Cuneo RC, Salomon F, et al. Psychological well-being before and after growth hormone treatment in adults with growth hormone deficiency. Hormone Research 1990;33 (suppl 4):52-54.
85. McGee GS, Davidson JM, Buckley A et al. Recombinant basic fibroblast growth factor accelerates wound healing. J Surg Res 1988;45: 145-153.
86. Mericq V, Cassorla F, Garcia H, et al. Growth hormone (GH) responses to GH-releasing peptide and to GH-releasing hormone in GH-deficient children. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1995;80:1681-1684
87. Mericq V, Cassorla F, Salazar T, Avila A, Iniguez G, Bowers CY, Merriam GR. Effects of eight months treatment with graded doses of a growth hormone (GH)-releasing peptide in GH-deficient children. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1998 Jul;83(7):2355-60.
88. Merriam G, Buchner D, Prinz P, Schwartz R, Vitiello M. Potential applications of GH secretagogues in the evaluation and treatment of the age-related decline in growth hormone secretion. Endocrine 1997;7:49-52.
89. Merimee TJ, Rabinowitz D, Fineberg SE. Arginine-initiated release of human growth hormone. N Engl J Med 1969; 280:1434-8.
90. Micic D, Popovic V, Doknic M, Macut D, Dieguez C, et al. Preserved growth hormone (GH) secretion in aged and very old subjects after testing with the combined stimulus GH-releasing hormone plus GH-releasing hexapeptide-6. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 1998;83(7):2569-2572.
91. Momany FA, Bowers CY, Reynolds GA, Chang D, Hong A, Newlander K. Design, synthesis and biological activity of peptides which release growth hormone, in vitro. Endocrinology 1981;108:31–39.
92. Momany FA, Bowers CY, Reynolds GA, Hong A, Newlander K. Conformational energy studies and in vitro and in vivo activity data on growth hormone-releasing peptides. Endocrinology 1984;114:1531–1536.
93. Muccioli G, Broglio F, Valetto MR, Ghe C, Catapano F, et al. Growth hormone-releasing peptides and the cardiovascular system. Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 2000 Feb;61(1):27-31.
94. Murphy LJ, Seneviratne C, Moreira P, et al. Enhanced expression of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-I in the fasted rat: the effects of insulin and growth hormone administration. Endocrinology 1991 February; 128(2): 689-96.
95. Nass R, Huber RM, Klauss V, et al. Effect of growth hormone (hGH) replacement therapy on physical work capacity and cardiac and pulmonary function in patients with hGH deficiency acquired in adulthood. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1995 Feb 80(2):552-7.
96. Ninh NX, Thissen JP, Maiter D, Adam E, Mulumba N, Ketelslegers JM. Reduced liver IGF-I gene expression in young zinc deprived rats is associated with a decrease in liver GH receptors and serum GH binding protein. J Endocrinol 1995;144:449-454.
97. O'Halloran DJ, Tsatsoulis A, Whitehouse RW, et al. Increased bone density after recombinant human growth hormone (GH) therapy in adults with isolated GH deficiency. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 1993;76:1344-1348.
98. Pandya N, DeMott-Friberg R, Bowers CY, Barkan AL, Jaffe CA. Growth hormone (GH)-releasing peptide-6 requires endogenous hypothalamic GH-releasing hormone for maximal GH stimulation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1998 Apr;83(4):1186-9.
99. Panossian V, Liu SH, Lane JM, Finerman GA. Fibroblastic growth factor and epidermal growth factor receptors in ligament healing. Clin Orthop 1997 Mar;HD(342):173-80.
100. Pavlov EP, Harman SM, Merriam GR, et al. Responses of growth hormone (GH) and somatomedin-C to GH-releasing hormone in healthy aging men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1986;62:595-600.
101. Pierce GF, Tarpley JE, Yanagiharo D, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor (BB homodimer). transforming growth factor-B1, and basic fibroblast growth factor in dermal wound healing. neovessel and matrix formation and cessation of repair. Am J Pathol 1992;140:1375-1388.
103. Pihoker C, Badger TM, Reynolds GA, Bowers CY. Treatment effects of intranasal growth hormone releasing peptide-2 in children with short stature. Journal of Endocrinology 1997;155:79-86.
104. Pihoker C, Kearns GL, French D, Bowers CY. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of growth hormone-releasing peptide-2: a phase I study in children. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1998 Apr;83(4):1168-72.
105. Pihoker C, Middleton R, Reynolds GA, Bowers CY, Badger TM. Diagnostic studies with intravenous and intranasal growth hormone-releasing peptide-2 in children of short stature. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1995 Oct;80(10):2987-92.
106. Phung LT, Sasaki A, Lee HG, Vega RA, Matsunaga N, et al. Effects of the administration of growth hormone-releasing peptide-2 (GHRP-2) orally by gavage and in feed on growth hormone release in swine. Domest Anim Endocrinol 2001 Jan;20(1):9-19.
107. Pontiroli AE, Lanzi R, Monti LD, et al. GH autofeedback on GH response to GHRH. Role of free fatty acids and somatostatin. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 1991 February; 72(2): 492-495.
108. Rabey JM, Vered Y, Shabtai H, Graff, E; Korczyn, AD. Improvement of parkinsonian features correlate with high plasma levodopa values after broad bean (Vicia faba) consumption. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1992 Aug; 55(8): 725-7.
109. Rennie MJ, Tadros L, Khogali S, et al. Glutamine transport and its metabolic effects. Journal of Nutrition 1994;124:1503S-8S.
110. Richard JL, Parer-Richard C, Daures JP, Clouet S, Vannereau D, et al. Effect of topical basic fibroblast growth factor on the healing of chronic diabetic neuropathic ulcer of the foot. A pilot, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Diabetes Care 1995; 18:64-69.
111. Robinson ICAF. Hypothalamic targets for growth hormone secretagogues. Act Paediatric 1997;86:88-91.
112. Robson MC, Phillips LG, Lawrence WT, Bishop JB, Youngerman JS, et al. The safety and effect of topically applied recombinant basic fibroblast growth factor on healing of chronic pressure sores. Ann Surg 1992; 216:401-408.
113. Roh SG, He ML, Matsunaga N, Hidaka S, Hidari H. Mechanisms of action of growth hormone-releasing peptide-2 in bovine pituitary cells. J Anim Sci 1997 Oct;75(10):2744-8.
114. Rollero A, Murialdo G, Fonzi S, et al. Relationship between cognitive function, GH and IGF-1 plasma levels in aged subjects. Neuropsychobiology 1998; 38(2): 73-79.
115. Rooyackers OE, Nair KS. Hormonal regulation of human muscle protein metabolism. Annual Review in Nutrition 1997 Annual; 17: 457-485.
116. Rosén T, Eden S, Larson G, Wilhelmsen L, Bengtsson BA. Cardiovascular risk factors in adult patients with growth hormone deficiency. Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 1993;129:195-200.
117. Rosen T, Johannsson G, Johansson JO, Bengtsson BA. Consequences of GH deficiency in adults and the benefits and risks of recombinant human GH treatment. Horm Res 1995;43:93-99.
118. Roth J, Gluck SM, Yalow RS, Berson SA. The influence of blood glucose on the plasma concentration of growth hormone. Diabetes 1964;13: 335-361.
119. Rudman D, Feller AG, Nagraj HS, et al. Effects of human growth hormone in men over 60 years old. N Engl J Med 1990;323:1-6.
120. Rudman D, Feller AG, Cohn L, et al. Effects of human GH on body composition in elderly men. Horm Res 1991;36(suppl):73-81.
121. Rudman SM, Philpott MP, Thomas GA, Kealey T. The role of IGF-1 in human skin and its appendages: morphogen as well as mitogen? J Invest Dermatol 1997;109(6):770-777.
122. Salomon F, Cuneo RC, Hesp R, et al. The effects of treatment with recombinant human growth hormone on body composition and metabolism in adults with growth hormone deficiency. N Engl J Med 1989;321:1797-1803.
123. Scanlon MF, Issa BG, Dieguez C. Regulation of growth hormone secretion. Horm Res 1996;46:149-154.
124. Schoen WR, Wyvratt Jr MJ, Smith RG. Growth hormone secretagogues. Annu Rep Med Chem 1993;28:177–186.
125. Scheinowitz M, Abramov D, Eldar M. The role of insulin-like growth factor and basic fibroblastic growth factors on ischemic and infracted myocardium: a mini review. Int J Cardiol 1997 Mar;59(1):1-5.
126. Servold SA. Growth factor impact on wound healing. Clin Podiatr Med Surg 1991; 8(4):937-953.
127. Shepherd BS, Eckert SM, Parhar IS, Vijayan MM, Wakabayashi I, Hirano T, Grau EG, Chen TT. The hexapeptide KP-102 (D-ala-D-beta-Nal-ala-trp-D-phe-lys-NH(2)) stimulates growth hormone release in a cichlid fish (Ooreochromis mossambicus). J Endocrinol 2000 Dec;167(3):R7-10.
128. Smith RG, Pong S-S, Hickey GJ, Jacks TM, Cheng K, et al. Modulation of pulsatile GH release through a novel receptor in hypothalamus and pituitary gland. Recent Prog Horm Res 1996;51:261–286.
129. Sonntag W, Hylka V, Meites J. Growth hormone restores protein synthesis in skeletal muscle of old male rats. J Gerontol 1984;40:689.
130. Tanaka K, et al. Age-related decrease in plasma growth hormone: response to growth hormone-releasing hormone, arginine, and L-dopa in obesity. Metabolism 1991 Dec;40(12): 257-1262.
131. Takahara J, Yonuki S, Yakushiji W, et al. Stimulatory effects of gamma-hydroxybutyric acid on growth hormone and prolactin release in humans. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 1977;44:1014-17.
132. Thorner M, Chapman I, Gaylinn B, Pezzoli S, Hartman M. Growth hormone-releasing hormone and growth hormone-releasing peptides therapeutic agents to enhance growth hormone secretion in disease and aging. Recent Prog Horm Res 1997;52:215-244;discussion 244-6.
133. Torosian MH. Donoway RB. Title Growth hormone inhibits tumor metastasis. Source Cancer 1991 May 1;67(9): 2280-3.
134. Unterman TG, Vasquez RM, Slas AJ, Martyn PA, Phillips LS. Nutrition and somatomedin. Usefulness of somatomedin in nutritional assessment. Am J Med 1985; 78:228-34.
135. Veldhuis JD. Physiological regulation of the human growth hormone (GH)-insulin-like growth factor type I (IGF-I) axis: predominant impact of age, obesity, gonadal function, and sleep. Sleep 1996; 19:S221-S224.
136. Veldhuis JD. Pathophysiology of the neuroregulation of GH secretion in experimental animals and the human. Endocr Rev 1998;19:719-797.
137. Veldhuis JD, Iranmanesh A, Weltman A. Elements in the pathophysiology of diminished growth hormone (GH) secretion in aging humans. Endocrine 1997; 7(1):41-48.
138. Veldhuis JD, Liem AY, South S, et al. Differential impact of age, sex steroid hormones, and obesity on basal vs. pulsatile growth hormone secretion in men as assessed in an ultrasensitive chemiluminescence assay. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1995;80:3209-3222.
139. Welbourne TC. Increased plasma bicarbonate and growth hormone after an oral glutamine loading. Am. J. Clin. Nutr 1995;61(5):1058 - 1061.
140. Wells JA. Binding in the growth hormone receptor complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1996;93:1-6.
141. West MID: The cellular and molecular biology of skin aging. Arch Dermatol 1994;130:87-95.
142. Weltman A, Weltman JY, Veldhuis JD, Hartman ML. Body composition, physical exercise, growth hormone and obesity. Eat Weight Disord 2001 Sep;6(3 Suppl):28-37.
143. Wideman L, Weltman JY, Patrie JT, Bowers CY, Shah N, et al. Synergy of L-arginine and GHRP-2 stimulation of growth hormone in men and women: modulation by exercise. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 2000 Oct;279(4):R1467-77.
144. Wong KP, Lim BG. L-dopa in the seedlings of Vicia Faba: its identification and metabolism. Biogenic Amines 1992;8(3/4):149—292.
145. Wu D, Clarke IJ, Chen C. The role of protein kinase C in GH secretion induced by GH-releasing factor and GH-releasing peptides in cultured ovine somatotrophs. J Endocrinol 1997 Aug;154(2):219-30.
146. Yamshita S, Melmed S. Effects of insulin on rat anterior pituitary cells: Inhibition of growth hormone secretion and mRNA levels. Diabetes 1986;35: 440-447.
147. Yoshida K, Gage FH. Fibroblast growth factors stimulate NGF synthesis and secretion by astrocytes. Brain Res 1991;538:118-126.
148. Zhang Y, Tatsuno T, Carney JM, Mattson MP. Basic FGF, NGF, and IGFs protect hippocampal and cortical neurons against iron-induced degeneration. J. Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism 1993;13: 378-388.